We had a wonderful time at the lake-wish we could have stayed a full week! But, very thankful for the time we had-such a blessing to get away from everyday life and be with family and friends-old and new.
This morning I didn't want to run-slept poorly, but I did-about 3.5 miles, and was pretty SOB (short of breath) by the time I finished. I spent some time working in the flower bed and had my QT, and then got on the computer.
Recently I've realized that computer time has become too important and too time-consuming in my life. It dulls my appetite for the Word and things of the Lord. Thus, my new goal is to have my QT before I check email and FB and the goings-on in the world. And to spend less time overall at my desk, on my computer.
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path. Ps. 119:105
Leadership
10 years ago

Holidays are always too short, aren't they! So glad you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteI always find it helpful to re-evaluate things like computer time etc....so important. I like the the new goal you have of having your QT first.....I think I read that recommendation once on the Girl Talk Blog. It's a great idea.
For me I felt I had to give up FB - everyone is different. The important thing is keeping God first. You are a good example of this. Thanks for the challenge.
"Recently I've realized that computer time has become too important and too time-consuming in my life. It dulls my appetite for the Word and things of the Lord."
ReplyDeleteI agree with this statement.
For me, it is a discipline of the heart...to stay focused on the right things for the right amount of time for the right reasons. I am not always successful with this...but it is a priority.
I appreciate your heart on this and I think we should all pray for great discernment in the area of *free time* and computer time...so many other things that need to be done.