Friday, May 29, 2009

A day of rest and spirtual food

A day of rest from running/walking. Much needed.



Today I was blessed to sit in with about 40 other ladies as Nancy Leigh DeMoss recorded 8 messages for her daily radio program, Revive our Hearts. http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ She spoke on being a True Woman of God. Excellent.

One of the topics she taught on was how we as women are called to affirm, encourage, honor, and support our husbands. This is an area I did not understand or practice well, for much of my marriage. I have much to learn about showing respect and deference to my husband. She talked about the importance of extending grace (this often melts a hard heart) and not expecting perfection. Our husbands are sinners, just as we are. Don't be a cause of discouragement for our husbands. When he is talking, listen until he is done--don't interrupt. She said much more, but this was one thing I needed to be reminded of.

Last night our church showed the movie, Fireproof. What a great movie! Rent it, if you haven't seen it already.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go hear Nancy Leigh Demoss sometime! That topic sounds really good and one I would appreciate and learn from as well. There is a lot for me to learn in that area. I appreciate most of her books and like to listen to her radio show when I can. A Friend of mine, Heather M, was coordinating the food and all I think for the event! I'm so glad you were able to go and enjoy the teaching time!

    Fireproof...how funny that you were watching that movie last night! Me, too! Gracie and I watched it together and enjoyed discussing a healthy marriage together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and G. would love being there. The next recording day is July 30.

    Heather did a great job with the hospitality-appreciate her!

    ReplyDelete